Nick Wells CTV News Vancouver
Published Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:01PM PDT
Last Updated Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:22PM PDT
Three years ago, Sean Treloar died from an overdose alone in the bathroom of a Powell River apartment.
“He was looking for somewhere safe to use, he couldn’t find anywhere and he went into a bathroom and used alone. That’s where he ended his life,” said his mother Darlana from Lund, B.C. – a small community on B.C.’s Sunshine Coast.
“I know if there had been an overdose prevention site there at that time, he would’ve used it. And I might still have my son.”